Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Testing: Rejuvenating Body Mist

Disclaimer: I purchased the Aromassentials Awakening Rejuvenating Body Mist. I received no compensation or free products for this review.

I love this product! And not for the reasons you're thinking. But first, per the Arbonne website:

Spray on the essence of the holidays — enthusiasm — with this uplifting blend that rejuvenates yourself and your senses.
Sure, it's a great body spray with a lovely scent. In fact, I'm in love with the citrus undertones. It's not so overpowering that you feel like you bathed in orange juice. It also isn't greasy or sticky like some other products I could mention. On top of that, there are no funky chemicals!

Full honesty here, people. When this product was first introduced to me at a party that I hosted, I was extremely skeptical. I was told that a friend of the consultant had used it for a weekend float trip down the river. The woman who used it supposedly had no bug bites until the last day when she did not use the spray (she wanted to test it for herself). I take stories like this with a grain of salt since I get eaten alive by mosquitoes and fleas if I don't use a product with DEET in it (which we all know is really bad for you). I went ahead and ordered it. I figured that since Arbonne has a 45-day return policy that if it didn't work, I would just return it and get my money back.

Friends, I'm never giving this spray back! Fast forward to the Fourth of July. Perfect day to test this stuff since I knew we'd be spending a good portion of the evening outside when mosquitoes in Oklahoma are usually at the their most hungry. I also tried a little experiment for myself. We brought real bug spray (the kind with the bad stuff in it) and the body mist. My dad coated himself in the bug spray while I sprayed myself down with the mist. And then we waited. Neither of us were bugged by any flying pests! Even flies wouldn't come near either of us, even though he had an open beer and I was eating watermelon. The added bonus: anyone who sat near me wasn't bothered by any mosquitoes either. The spray held up against a real bug spray with the added benefit of not putting harmful chemicals on my body.

Rating: 10/10!

4 comments:

  1. That is really good and useful post, such posts always made my life easy. Thanks for sharing review with us, will definitely going to buy this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not 'that' keen on the perfume but it is tolerable. Based on the ingredients I did wonder if it would prevent mosquito bites but I've yet to test it. I researched and I'm very glad to find at least this website supporting the repellent benefit. If that works I will be purchasing it for ever more. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete